COVID-19 Information and Updates
17 hours ago
2021-2022 L-BF District-Wide Case Levels
These numbers include ALL Staff and Students from Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
This is approximately 443 people.
>>Total Covid-19 Cases Since September 7, 2021 = 49
>>Total Active Cases as of December 7, 2021 = 7
Elementary = 5, High School = 2, Staff = 0
(L-BF is choosing to record all students and staff who test positive in our case counts, even if they were not a close contact of anyone within the building. The reason for this choice is to correlate with the numbers that we are required to report to MDH.)
No COVID-19 Testing will be given without this consent form. A new consent form will be required for each instance.
INFORMATION: CUE COVID-19 Rapid Molecular Testing
L-BF is now offering a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL Rapid Covid-19 Testing program for symptomatic students and staff.
L-BF will never test a student without first contacting a parent or guardian and obtaining the electronic consent form above.
Temporary Masking Required
Some grade levels might be required to wear masks during school due a positive case in their class.
to see which grade levels are required to mask at this time, and when the mask requirement will be lifted based on the most recent exposure.
As always, call the Office with questions and concerns.
More Common Covid-19 Symptoms:
- Fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- New Cough or Cough that gets worse
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
Less Common Covid-19 Symptoms:
Sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, body aches, extreme fatigue, new severe headache, new congestion, stuffy/runny nose
If your child has One "less common symptom" and is NOT a close contact:
1. Evaluate symptoms and determine is your child is well enough to attend school.
2. If your child is not well enough to attend school, have the child stay home until 24 hours after symptoms improve.
3. Siblings do not have to go home or stay home.
If your child has One "more common symptom" OR Two or more "less common symptoms" and is NOT a close contact:
1. Children in this situation must stay home for 10 days OR seek testing. If a COVID test returns a NEGATIVE result, the child may return to school 24 hours after symptoms subside.
2. If testing is not sought and the family chooses to stay out of school for 10 days, siblings may continue to attend school as long as they have ZERO symptoms. If a sibling begins to have ANY one symptom they will be sent home.
3. Siblings of ill students who have a NEGATIVE test result, will be able to attend school as long as they have only one "less common symptoms" or ZERO "more common symptoms"
3. If testing is not sought and the family chooses to stay out of school for 10 days, this is not considered a COVID absence and will be marked "Absent Excused" for illness. L-BF will be flexible with absences as long as parents are communicating with the District.
COVID Positive and Close Contacts:
1. Students who live in a household with ANY COVID Positive person must quarantine for 10 days and monitor for symptoms.
2. Students who are in the same class as another student who tested positive are Close Contacts and MUST wear a mask for 10 days in school. These students may stay in school as long as they are having ZERO symptoms.
3. Students who have been within 6 feet of a COVID positive person for 15 or more minutes are considered Close Contacts and MUST wear a mask for 10 days in school. These students may stay in school as long as they are having ZERO symptoms.
Click Below to read the:
2021-2022 L-BF Safe In-Person Learning Plan Document
Koochiching County Case Levels since October 21, 2020
This chart shows the trends we have been seeing in our County since
testing became widely available to the public.
Click here to access the online Registration Form for this Fall. If you would prefer paper copies of the forms please call 218-278-6614 and leave a message for the High School or Elementary Office with your name, address, and a contact phone number.
We are still on a limited staff basis for summer, but our secretaries will be returning in the next two weeks and will begin processing applications as soon as they return.
Thank you for considering L-BF for your child's education!
Welcome to our NEW website! It is our goal to make information more readily available to our community, so we made a change in website providers to help us acheive that. Please be patient with us as we learn this new platform and find ways to make information more available.
Use the menu bar at the top in desktop view or the menu icon in mobile view to explore more of our page.
As always, please call us at 218-278-6614 for questions!