School Board Members
2022 Proposed Property Tax Levy Notice
On November 22, 2021, the statements of Proposed Property Taxes for 2022 were delivered to property owners in Koochiching County.
Many may have noticed a large jump in the property tax allocation for this school district. It is important to know that this statement is only a proposal at this time and does not reflect the actual taxes that will be charged on the Spring tax statements.
The School Board voted to reduce our levy amount at the December 15, 2021 Regular School Board Meeting in order to reduce the impact on property owners. The overall levy increase was reduced from a 22% increase to a 5% increase.
All School Board Meetings are open to the public and are held monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the School Board Room.
SCHOOL BOARD PUBLIC FORUM POLICY
- Anyone wishing to address the School Board during the Public Forum must sign on a provided clipboard giving their name and topic of concern. This must be completed prior the Chair calling the meeting to order.
- The Chair will recognize speakers in the order in which they registered. If the number of speakers will exceed the Public Forum time frame, generally a maximum of thirty (30) minutes, the Chair may recognize speakers out of order in order to hear both sides of an issue.
- Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. Unused time cannot be given to another speaker.
- The Chair will have the discretion to terminate any speaker’s time if, in the opinion of the Chair, the speaker or topic is deemed out of order.
- All speakers will address the Chair, not the Board.
- No action will be taken on Public Forum issues at the meeting that are not already on the current agenda. Items may be put on the agenda of future Board meetings following the policy and protocol for doing so.
- The Chair may close the Public Forum at any time
School Board Agenda
Littlefork-Big Falls Public Schools
Independent School District No. 362, Koochiching County
700 Main Street
LITTLEFORK, MINNESOTA 56653
Phone: (218) 278-6614
Fax: (218) 278-6615
NOTICE: Regular Meeting of the School Board of School District #362
PLACE: Board Room, Littlefork-Big Falls School, Littlefork MN
TIME: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
- Call to Order - Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Student of the Month/Recognition
- Public Forum – items may be submitted to email@example.com
- Treasurer’s Report
- Approve Hire of Summer Band Teacher – Mrs. Ottemann
- Approve Hire of Summer Custodial Help – Jill Knaeble
- Approve Concurrent Enrollment Contract with Lake Superior College for SY2022-2023
- Approve Posting for a High School Interventionist
- Approve Copier Purchase
- Approve Volleyball Purchase
- Call for Bids: Milk, Bread, Propane, Gasoline
- Resolution to Accept Prom Donations
- Resolution to Accept Funds, Packaging Corporation of America
- Administrative Update
- Next School Board Meeting, June 15, 2022, 7:00 p.m. Littlefork – Big Falls School