COVID-19 Information and Updates
2021-2022 L-BF District-Wide Case Levels
>>Total Active Cases as of January 17, 2022 = 26
Elementary = 8, High School = 15, Staff = 3
No COVID-19 Testing will be given without this consent form. A new consent form will be required for each instance.
INFORMATION: CUE COVID-19 Rapid Molecular Testing
Temporary Masking Required
Some grade levels might be required to wear masks during school due a positive case in their class.
More Common Covid-19 Symptoms:
- Fever 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- New Cough or Cough that gets worse
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
Less Common Covid-19 Symptoms:
If your child has One "less common symptom" and is NOT a close contact:
1. Evaluate symptoms and determine is your child is well enough to attend school.
2. If your child is not well enough to attend school, have the child stay home until 24 hours after symptoms improve.
3. Siblings do not have to go home or stay home.
If your child has One "more common symptom" OR Two or more "less common symptoms" and is NOT a close contact:
1. Children in this situation must stay home for 10 days OR seek testing. If a COVID test returns a NEGATIVE result, the child may return to school 24 hours after symptoms subside.
2. If testing is not sought and the family chooses to stay out of school for 10 days, siblings may continue to attend school as long as they have ZERO symptoms. If a sibling begins to have ANY one symptom they will be sent home.
3. Siblings of ill students who have a NEGATIVE test result, will be able to attend school as long as they have only one "less common symptoms" or ZERO "more common symptoms"
3. If testing is not sought and the family chooses to stay out of school for 10 days, this is not considered a COVID absence and will be marked "Absent Excused" for illness. L-BF will be flexible with absences as long as parents are communicating with the District.
COVID Positive and Close Contacts:
1. Students who live in a household with ANY COVID Positive person must quarantine for 10 days and monitor for symptoms.
2. Students who are in the same class as another student who tested positive are Close Contacts and MUST wear a mask for 10 days in school. These students may stay in school as long as they are having ZERO symptoms.
3. Students who have been within 6 feet of a COVID positive person for 15 or more minutes are considered Close Contacts and MUST wear a mask for 10 days in school. These students may stay in school as long as they are having ZERO symptoms.
Click Below to read the:
2021-2022 L-BF Safe In-Person Learning Plan Document
Koochiching County Case Levels since October 21, 2020